Saturday, September 19, 2009

Waiting . . .

One might wonder why I am sitting and writing a blog at 11:53 pm on a Saturday night. Surely I should be in bed getting some much needed rest before a busy Sunday. But, alas, no. I am wide awake. Waiting. For my hubby. You see, he is still in the combine, just as he has been for the past 12 hours. Yup, he left at 11:30 this morning, and, other than bringing him his supper, I haven't seen him since. (And, just to let you know what a hard worker he is, he was up at 6 this morning to do his chores at the barns {we are hog farmers}, came home around 10, mowed the grass, hung out with the kids, scarfed down breakfast and lunch then off to the fields.) For some reason, when he is gone, I cannot go to bed until he is home. It just doesn' feel right. Especially when I know he is supposed to come to bed. Sometime. Just not sure when. So, I wait. What do I do while waiting? I snuggle into my couch, grab a cozy blanket and a book and settle in for a read, my new-yet-trusty quote book by my side. This time it is "In the Grip of Grace" by Max Lucado. I think I need a constant reminder of his grace. My need for grace is obvious. The fact that Jesus gives it out so freely and lovingly is still a bit surprising. And the quote book? Well, it is just a hard-cover spiral-bound notebook but it contains bits and pieces of inspiration. Things I read that really make me think. Words that say what I am thinking better than I could say them. That sort of thing. Makes each book I read more memorable. Makes it easier to find inspiration if I can jot it down in a book that is easily reviewed. So, if you don't mind, I am going to find those books and that blanket and settle in for a wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails