Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Matters of Eternal Importance!

So, I just came home from spending the last 5 hours shopping in Winnipeg (and no, I was not shopping for myself - and I most certainly wasn't shopping at Ricki's where the new color for the season happens to be purple which I noticed when I passed the store, slowed down slightly then quickly picked up speed and continued on in case I should be tempted to enter. Which I was. But I didn't. Whew!!) picking up things for my husband and finding decor items for MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers, a program I am coordinating at our local church). Oh, I guess I did do a little shopping for me - I needed new bras. Desperately. Mission accomplished. Though it was a little disturbing finding out what size I was - I mean, really! 36A???!!! What am I - 15?? (That is no offense to the 15 year olds, just a sad state of being for this 33 year old! That's what all those kids and nursing did to me. Sob!!!).
AAAAAAAAANYWAY! I came home just after the girls were in bed. One son was waiting upstairs, the other was wailing in his bed. I was checking in with Jay when my oldest says this to me from across the house:
"Mom, guess what? I asked Jesus to come live in my heart. I was talking to him and he said that I don't have to do any school or homework or any work at all!".
Okay, did I just hear that right? Could you back that up juuuuuust a little?
Me: "He did, did he?".
Him: "No, I'm just joking. But the first part is true. I actually did."
Me: "You did? You asked Jesus to be your forever-friend?".
Him: "Yup!"
Okay, so at this point I run to him and hold him and hug him and tell him that was the best thing he could ever tell me! I will see my son in heaven one day! What could be more exciting than that?! Apparently this monumentous event happened last night as he and dad were reading the Bible story about Peter and James following Jesus. Daddy asked if Pepe wanted to follow Jesus and he said yes. They talked with Jesus and he made the most important decision of his life. Which I only found out about 24 hours later. I was in a meeting yesterday, in my own house, but only found out tonight. Like all that time I spent in school with him today just wasn't enough time to tell me! I digress! My point? My son loves Jesus and wants to follow him! I couldn't be happier! Thank you, Lord!!!

3 comments:

  1. YEAH for Payton and Jesus!! Nana and Papa are very happy to hear that....we will live together in heaven someday!! How great that will be!! God bless you and keep you always and forever! Love you Pepe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeahhhh! So exciting!
    And what a little wise-cracker too, that thing about the homework :).
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot woot for another one in the fold. :)

    As for the bra, did you get professionally sized at all?? I wore a 36A for years and then got sized (at Diva lengerie...awesome place, grant park) and found out I was a 34C!!! You're pretty slender so its hard for me to imagine you needing a 36 band!!

    Now after having a babe though and finishing nursing nothing is the same...lol...so I might just be a 36 A again too...haha! You are not alone. That is for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails