Thursday, January 21, 2010
Saturday, January 16, 2010
- RECEIPTS - self-explainatory
- UNPAID BILLS - any bills needing to be paid; once they are paid they go in the receipts drawer
- FLYERS - you could eliminate this drawer if you do not receive flyers but we shop sales a lot so this is important to us. It also gives our kids pictures to cut out for school.
- BANK INFO/MONEY - all bank statements, investment information and excess cash go in this drawer.
- COUPONS/GIFT CARDS - need I say more?
- RECIPES - when I see a recipe I like on-line I print it out and stick it in the drawer. Very handy for a recipe-lover like me!
- MOPS - I am the coordinator for the local Mothers of Preschoolers chapter so I need a place to put that stuff.
- BEAUTICONTROL - in my wealth of free time, I sell BC. That stuff goes here!
- CRAFT IDEAS - just like the recipes, when I find an idea on-line that I like, I print it out and stick it in here.
- empty drawer for ???
This system works really well for us and we don't have to empty the drawers too often because they hold quite a bit of stuff. We always know where to find things and it looks so neat and tidy. I tried using one drawer for magazines but the weight was too much causing the drawer to fall off its track. Keep lighter things in them and they work great. It has a metal shelf across the top that is the perfect fit for our scanner. It would also be a great place to hold a basket so you can throw all the mail in there and sort it when you have time. For us, it goes straight to the drawers. I also love that you can take out a drawer and walk away with it to wherever you want. From the reviews I read, some use it for makeup storage, some for craft supplies. The possibilities are endless. Do you have a system to deal with the paper mail that enters your house?
I will be linking this post to Thrifty Decor Chick's So Fresh, So Clean Party. Check it out for all kinds of cleaning and organizing tips!
Thrifty Decor Chick
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Which one would you pick??
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Check it out. I love to see all the projects that she features - sooo many great ideas! Now I have all the energy I need to tackle tidying this very untidy house! YIPPEE!!
Friday, January 1, 2010
- No sweets. That's right - no chocolate, no Kit Kat bars, no cheesecake, no Pepsi, no Saucy Hot Fudge Pudding, no homemade Hot Fudge Sauce to smother my icecream, no slurpies, no homemade iced tea - get the point??!!
- Run 500 miles. That sounds a little extreme, however, if you break it down, it is only 1.36986301369 miles per day or 9.61538461538 miles per week. Totally doable! Check out the running woman on the side to watch my progress.
- Lose weight! #1 and #2 should help with this. So will Jillian Michaels and Billy Blanks. One of the reasons I love being pregnant is because I don't worry about my weight. If I have a big tummy, it is for a reason. Now I have no excuse (and I don't consider 5 kids an excuse!!). So, by the time 2011 rolls around, I'd like you to see about 15 pounds less of me!
- Read through the entire Bible. I see this one as being the most difficult. I tend to get bogged down in Leviticus and Numbers. Something about all those lists. Okay, so if I get through most of the Bible, I will consider this done! After all, just watching the state of your physical being and ignoring the state of your spiritual being is pretty useless. Hell couldn't care less if you are thin.
There you have it. My goals for 2010. And I am so excited to see what this year brings. After all, in a house with 5 children aged 6 and under, excitement is always around the corner!