Friday, October 9, 2009

Fall Decor

Well, I know that fall decorating was towards the bottom of my list and other, more pressing, more practical, items were above it in order of priority. However, I don't know about you, but too many days of the boring, mundane and practical cause this girl to go a little wonky and a good session of some sort of crafting is in order. That day has finally come. Fall decorating, here we come (however, with the snow flakes falling outside, maybe winter decor is in order. Snow, that blasted 4 letter word. I so despise winter. I hate being cold. And winter, with its extreme cold, seems to stay around FOREVER in these parts! Ugh!). So, this is what I came up with for this year. I don't usually decorate for fall but I can see it happening more frequently from now on. It was a lot of fun!

I needed a wreath for the front door so I crafted this beauty!

I wanted something at the front door to greet visitors so I created this little combo. Don't you just love the little fishbowl full of gourds? Or the little willow chair holding the squash and the welcome sign? The mum looks a little sad given last night's frost but still adds a nice splash of color.

I got my hubby to cut some cornstalks (which he "stole" from his parents field, roots and all!) and nestled them in the corner. Imagine the candle glowing softly at night. Mmmm. Speaks of warmth and welcome. I am working on a pumpkin topiary on the other side of the door but am not quite satisfied with it yet. I will show you that soon.

Inside, I lined up these block letters and this candle holder on my buffet. I love how they look together. (The letters are from Superstore, the candle holder from Canadian Tire)

On my coffee table sits this tray holding a bowl of mini-pumpkins and gourds, a metal trike and a tealight candle. So cute. (I really love little metal trikes!)

Later this afternoon, I will get my little ones to paint some more mini-pumpkins I have and use them as candle holders on the table. They love this craft and I love how their input contributes to our thanksgiving season. After all, they are a major "item" for which to be thankful. Might as well include them!

So, this concludes my fall decor for the moment. If you search the web, you will find oodles more ideas. My question for you: Do you decorate for fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails