Monday, December 20, 2010

Sickness, Sickness, Go Away!

It started last Saturday, a bit more than a week ago. AJ came to sleep on the crib mattress beside my bed. It seemed weird but, hey, whatever, right? 10am when I woke up, I still saw him in bed. I checked his forehead and he was hot. Well, hot is putting it mildly. He was smokin' hot! I checked his temperature - 105°F! I never thought I would see such numbers on a thermometer! So began the more-than-a-week-long journey of sickness in the house! Saturday-Monday AJ was sick, spiking to 105°F on two occasions. Sunday-Tuesday Pepe was sick also spiking to 105°F on two occasions. Now, they just presented with high fevers, nothing more. No coughing. No puking. Just really high fevers. They stayed in bed most, if not all, of the time. Monday-Tuesday I was completely flat in bed with aches from head to waist, fever and coughing. I had to get out of bed on Wednesday but felt hungover (and I have no experience with hangovers so I am just guessing!). I went to the doctor Thursday morning, gave blood and had chest x-rays but still don't know the results. I did get a prescription for antibiotics, which I eagerly filled. This is after 4 weeks of a cold hanging on. So, only on Saturday did I really start to feel better. That said, I still tire easily since I am not completely well yet. Let's see, sometime after that, oh yes, Wednesday Ali started with the fever. I thought she was better by Saturday morning but the fever returned and is finally gone today. RJ and Ari started with the fever Thursday and as of today, they are both still feverish (though I think RJ's might have broke after her very long nap). The girl's temp never hit the numbers the boys did, usually topping out at a high 103°F. Let just say we now need stocks in Children's Advil for the amount we consumed this week. Ari is the only one who ended up vomiting. Not fun when you go to get a girl from bed and she is covered in puke. Or when you hear her screaming in the middle of the night because she puked and you have to bathe her and change all her sheets - at 2am! Babies cannot tell you when they have to throw up, they just do and then they freak out because it scares them. Not fun, I tell you! RJ got a cold along with the fever so she is very congested with watery eyes. Then, around Friday or Saturday, Jay got sick too! Yup, this went and attacked every member of this family which I think is the first time we have all gotten sick from the same thing! Nasty, nasty, nasty! My mom, bless her heart, brought us chicken noodle soup for lunch today! I have orders from the doctor to rest and no teaching until after Christmas! This may be the only time I will agree that less is more (less kids means this would have ended a lot sooner!). So, needless to say, this has been a miserable week and I am so thankful we are finally on the mend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Sounds like you've had your share. Hope EVERYONE gets better and stays better and you can enjoy your Holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails