Saturday, December 8, 2012

Owner Building a Home - Week 27 - Concrete Countertops

Yes, I realize this update is about 3 weeks late so I apologize.  I have been busy, busy, busy!  I will try to remember what we all did but I can only go according to the photos I took.  Since I don't photograph everything, only some of what we did is shown here.

The big push this week was to get the last minute details completed for pouring the concrete counter tops and to pour them, which you can read all about here.


I also hung a few more lights, with some help!




Jay installed the vinyl flooring in the kid's bathroom.


Since the temperatures were so mild, he also did some exterior work.


We also starting thinking about the fireplace surround and how we wanted it to look.  Mr.W drew it on the wall to give us a better idea.  It is going to look so great!


I continued with baseboards and casings throughout the upstairs but that is all I can remember doing.

Most evenings I stay at the house for supper and work into the evening.  This is what it looks like (notice the pizza pop on my lap?).  I look forward to spending relaxing evenings by the fireplace in something other than a lawn chair!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails